The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

??? clamavconnetcor features ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Berbox, May 17, 2005.

1. Berbox

Berbox Well-Known Member

Hello,

I want to install a virus scanner toghether with a good spamfilter for exim. I read on the forum a lot of things over Exiscan and Mailscanner but there is also a build-in option in cpanel namely clamavconnetcor.
    I installed the cpanel addon now on a server but I don't know the complete feautures this will add to cpanel.

Will this scan automaticly the incoming emails or is it only possible to scan the emails in your inbox by hand? Will Exiscan also be installed?
    Which is the best option of the tree: clamavconnetcor, Exiscan or Mailscanner ?

Any other advice is welcome.

2. rvskin

rvskin Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Once you install clamavconnector, you will get the new feature named 'Virus Scan' in your cPanel. User can click to scan his disk space for the virus. It do not enable Virus Scanner at EXIM. If you want, you need to add a couple of lines in WHM/EXIM Configuration manually. Here is the instruction http://www.rvskin.com/index.php?page=public/antispam#3.1

There is a rumour that Files uploaded to your server by File Manager and FTP will be scanned automatically for the Virus. I am indoubt about it but have no time to confirm.