The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clamd misteries & enigmas

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by sv70, Jun 11, 2008.

1. sv70

sv70 Active Member

When I uncheck clamd in Services Manager people does not receive emails.

In Exim configuration I have this option active:

** Skip scanning messages for virii/malware when the scanner is unavailable, and allow mail delivery to continue. [?]

"If the virii/malware scanner fail you can choose to defer all mail deliveries that would normally be scanned by disabling this option. Note: if you do choose to disable this option and the virii/malware scanner fails mail users will not get new messages until it is repaired."

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, because I uncheck clamd in the Service Manager and the option is active, but people cannot receive emails.

Can somebody explain if there is some esoteric way in CPANEL to uninstall clamd and still be able to receive emails?.

2. HostIt

HostIt Well-Known Member

Disabling clam in itself shouldn't cause any problems - but do make sure there are no references to clam remaining in the "Exim Configuration Editor" section of WHM. Otherwise, I'd probably check the output of /var/log/exim_mainlog for specific error messages.

3. sv70

sv70 Active Member

thanks. I will try it.