The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clamd not scanning inside zip files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DaveT, Mar 4, 2007.

1. DaveT

DaveT Active Member

Hi,

I've just noticed that clamd does not appear to be scanning inside ZIP files.

I'm using the clamavconnector addon.

Sending the EICAR test virus from http://www.aleph-tec.com/eicar/index.php manages to get straight through to my clients inboxes - never a good situation to be in.

As a work-around I've blocked rar and zip files using a demime acl, however that's far from ideal.

Incidentally, uploading a zipped EICAR using FTP and then using clamscan to scan the zip finds the virus as expected.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour or got a more usable fix?

I've already tried removing clamavconnector and reinstalling it but to no avail...

Thanks,
    Dave.

Edit - should have said that I have this occurring on multiple servers running the latest cPanel Release.

#1 DaveT, Mar 4, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  2. DaveT

DaveT Active Member

Solved...

Found the problem... an update somewhere along the line had removed some bits from /etc/exim.conf so that the only thing being run was the file-extension filtering... After correcting that everything has sprung back into life again... :)

3. SuperBaby

SuperBaby Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Twitter:
    I am having the same problem. What did you do to the exim.conf file to make it works?