Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clamd won't start

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jasgot, Aug 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jasgot

jasgot Well-Known Member

I have a VPS server and clamd used to fail and restart every once in a while.

Yesterday in WHM, I was presented with a yellow banner telling me to restart for updates to take affect.

I restarted and now my CLAMD won't restart.

Here's the log shown on the screen after saving in Service Manager:

Service Error
    (XID vatdue) The “clamd” service failed to start.

Startup Log
    Aug 30 11:08:31 64.syo.com systemd[1]: Starting clamd antivirus daemon...
    Aug 30 11:08:39 64.syo.com systemd[1]: clamd.service: control process exited, code=killed status=9
    Aug 30 11:08:39 64.syo.com systemd[1]: Failed to start clamd antivirus daemon.
    Aug 30 11:08:39 64.syo.com systemd[1]: Unit clamd.service entered failed state.
    Aug 30 11:08:39 64.syo.com systemd[1]: clamd.service failed.

clamd has failed. Contact your system administrator if the service does not automagically recover.

Cpanel::Exception::Services::Unknown/(XID c53wxx) The “mailscanner” service is not a known service. at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception/CORE.pm line 330. Cpanel::Exception::create("Services::Unknown", ARRAY(0x2667ed8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Exception.pm line 46 Cpanel::Exception::__ANON__(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, ARRAY(0x2667ed8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/restartsrv line 528 Scripts::restartsrv::_lookup_service_restart_info(Scripts::restartsrv=HASH(0x2043980), "mailscanner") called at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/restartsrv line 152 Scripts::restartsrv::script("Scripts::restartsrv", "--html", "--wait", "--verbose", "mailscanner") called at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/restartsrv line 95

Waiting for “tailwatchd” to restart ………waiting for “tailwatchd” to initialize ………finished.

Any ideas? Should I be looking at CLAMD, Mailscanner, CPanel, or something else?

Thanks so much!

Jason

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

This error message looks to relate to the MailScanner application. You may want to try updating the application if newer versions or available. Otherwise, report this to their support team so they can take a closer look.

Thank you.