Clean email Default Account without loosing emails

HOXTIN

Jul 3, 2019
Chile
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello

As some other users in threads I read, we have this issue and tried to clean the default email account from messages and folders that seem a copy of the email accounts created.

I read they are copies but, when we deleted some, the users noticed the emails gone from their inboxes too.

What do I need to do to fix this... some default accounts are way to big, gigabytes big.

Other questions regarding this issue:

1) Default email set to discard the email while your server processes it by SMTP time with an error messages. Can I use discard all safety although cPanel says "not recommended?

2) Use the cPanel's free space functionality safely and not loose other accounts emails

3) For space, functionality and security (SSL and spam protection), what is better to use (set at WHM) mdbox or maildir without issues with the different email clients?

4) Any recommended settings in the Exim Configuration Manager?

5) Any other recommendations to improve email performance and security?

Thanks a lot!

aB

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
As some other users in threads I read, we have this issue and tried to clean the default email account from messages and folders that seem a copy of the email accounts created.

I read they are copies but, when we deleted some, the users noticed the emails gone from their inboxes too.
I believe if you're removing email from the default user's account and noticing that other users are experiencing a loss of their own email as a result this would warrant a ticket.
3) For space, functionality and security (SSL and spam protection), what is better to use (set at WHM) mdbox or maildir without issues with the different email clients?
The only one of these items that would be affected by switching the storage format for email is space/efficiency it's best to use MDBOX

4) Any recommended settings in the Exim Configuration Manager?
This varies so vastly based on your needs that it would be difficult to tell you anything specific beyond what is set for the defaults.