mickalo

Apr 16, 2002
N.W. Iowa
Hello,

got a warning this morning about the /usr quota over 77% which has happened before then cleaning up excessive log files, archived files, etc., usually brings things back down to normal. I did notice that there is a folder /usr/local/apache/conf_pre_ea3 which I want to remove but wasn't sure it was safe to remove it. All the files/folders within this location are dated 9/2013 and older. So is it safe to remove the /usr/local/apache/conf_pre_ea3 without causing issues ?

Thanks,

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

It's normal for the /usr/local/apache/conf_pre_ea3 directory to exist. I don't recommend removing it, and there's likely very little space gained from doing so. It's only 18M on a test server:

Code:
# du -sh /usr/local/apache/conf_pre_ea3
18M    /usr/local/apache/conf_pre_ea3
Thank you.

mickalo

Apr 16, 2002
N.W. Iowa
Ok thanks. I did check it and it's only about 300k in size. Is there any other areas that can be safely removed in the /usr filesystem other then the normal logs & archived files?

thanks,

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
The files/directories in the /usr partition are typically required files or OS-related files. It's likely a good idea to utilize a different partition setup at some point in the future when reinstalling the OS is an option. The recommended partition scheme is found at:

cPanel Installation - Filesystems

Thank you.