The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

client cannot access webmail when over quota

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by dandadude, Nov 21, 2011.

1. dandadude

dandadude Active Member

Hi!

I have a client that exceeds his quota regularly with his e-mail traffic. He would log into webmail to delete some mail, but can't, because he gets internal server error.

I know that extending his quota is a solution, but I want a solution where I don't have to do anything for this client, he can solve the problem himself by logging into webmail and deleting whatever he wants.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
    Daniel

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

When the account's disk space quota is reached, certain functions such as logging into Webmail may not be possible. This is due to the fact that disk space is required in order to write to or create user-owned files related to email data. There is potential for data loss if files related to emails are emptied by the file system when write attempts occur.

Increasing the disk space quota for the account or removing files via SSH/File Manager is necessary to avoid this problem.

Thank you.

3. dandadude

dandadude Active Member

Hi Michael!

Yes, I know that currently these are my only options, but it still is annoying sometimes, because my clients contact me all the time. They get the quota warning, don't care about it, and when they would care about it, they can't login. Of course SSH/File Manager is a solution, but only admin has access to that and these solutions are not for "normal users" to handle.

Ah well, I guess I will have to live with this :)

Thanks very much for the answer!

Daniel