The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Client can't login, I can.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by junglecat, Jan 28, 2006.

1. junglecat

junglecat Well-Known Member

A reseller client suddenly cannot login to his cpanel or WHM. I have no problems logging in to his account. I changed his password and he still can't get in.

It's difficult to get details from him (errors etc) due to a language barrier. But has anyone seen a problem like this?

I've had him try using both the IP and his domain. I'm stumped.

2. S-Combs

S-Combs Well-Known Member

Did he manage to get blocked by the firewall by chance?

3. junglecat

junglecat Well-Known Member

I can ask him if he's using a firewall, but if he is, what can I tell him to try in his settings?

The server also has a firewall, I wonder if that could be blocking something?

4. Servax

Servax Member

If you have apf installed, try 'apf -u IP' or 'iptables -D INPUT -s IP -j DROP' if you don't have APF installed. You need to know exactly what error he is getting, or we couldn't really figure out what is wrong. Its obviously working for you, so it must be on his end if the firewall unblock command didn't work.

5. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Sounds like a firewall issue. Could be his own settings or maybe even his ISP. Did he try the secure and non-secure ports?

6. Murtaza_t

Murtaza_t Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I dont think it is a firewall issue... as if he was blocked in the firewall (on either side) he would have not accessed the login page as well, may be he is using a different password or something else. It is very difficult to say anything without the errors.

7. DigitalN

DigitalN Well-Known Member

There is a proxy script around that gets around firewalls blocking cpanel ports 208(x), it allows access to cpanel on port 80 (search the forum for it, it may still work, not sure) but you could also just install a proxy script, such as nph and have them use that to see if that is the issue, or they could use one of the multitude of proxies around the world in order to connect to cpanel/whm via standard ports, although I wouldn't recommend using the latter as it may be possible for the proxy owner to get their password!