The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Client gets "Page can not be found" when trying to enter cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fishfreek, Mar 12, 2004.

1. fishfreek

fishfreek Well-Known Member

We have a client on one of our servers who says he is getting the Page can not be found message when he tries to get into cpanel. He puts in his username/password and bang the classic 404 error.

cpaneld is running on the server as I was able to login to another account on the same server with no problem.

We did not get autoupgraded today as I did the chmod trick on the /scripts/upcp script. I plan on upgrading each box one at a time starting tommorow morning so I know the upgrade didnt break anything.

2. LS_Drew

LS_Drew Well-Known Member

check the theme. Make sure it's not set to 'no' or one that you don't have.

3. fishfreek

fishfreek Well-Known Member

You are correct. After I posted this I started looking thru some new posts and I found someone with a simular problem and the suggestion was to change the theme of the client.

So i checked and preso the client had a theme that was not installed. Apparently this was the first time he tried to login to cpanel since we moved his account to a new server about a month ago.

4. LS_Drew

LS_Drew Well-Known Member

Ya, that happens a lot...probably worth a 'feature request' ticket to have Cpanel do a check when the account is created to see if the theme actually exists.