The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clients only able to access homepages?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by peter-wetink, May 13, 2016.

1. peter-wetink

peter-wetink Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi everyone,

I've just had a report from a client that one of their customers can only view the homepage of any website that is currently running on our dedicated server. The server runs fine from my end and I have tried various different browsers and operating systems but I am unable to duplicate this issue.

The customer is running IE11 on a Windows 7 install.

The sites themselves are built in either WordPress or Adobe Muse. The server uses WHM 54.0 on CentOS 6.7 and we are currently using PHP 5.3.

Has anyone ever experienced any issues of this nature?

2. SysSachin

SysSachin Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

If the website is working at your end then the issue is with browser cache or browser capability.

Please ask to your client to check website on another browser or another system.

3. peter-wetink

peter-wetink Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've asked them do this and they still get the same problem, they work perfectly on my browser and systems though.

4. bloatedstoat

bloatedstoat Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've had trouble in the past with a well known anti-virus vendor's browser plug-in modifying website code dynamically (javascript) before presentation within the browser which caused functionality issues.

Given this is one client only and you are unable to replicate, I'd wonder whether or not that client is behind a corporate firewall and there are security measures in place that restrict feature-sets built into some websites which are vital for the site's operation. One client of ours has ongoing issues with one particular site on our server and it's due to the bank's network security where she works, outside of that environment the site works fine.

You've failed to describe what happens when the client attempts to access other pages beyond the home page leaving room for a lot of guessing from those browsing this thread.

5. peter-wetink

peter-wetink Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks bloatedstoat,

The client's client is a local authority so it is very possible that they have a restrictive firewall in place, the problem is that I'm getting this third hand from the client so I'm not getting much from them other than "its not working"

I've moved the site off that server and onto a different - cPaneless - host and will try to get them to test it there.

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator