The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cloaked forwarding to an external site

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PWSowner, Jul 18, 2003.

1. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

WHM has a feature "Park or Point a Domain" which allows setting it so a domain is redirected to another one and still shows the url of the starting one. Problem is, it only allows pointing to a domain that is also on the server.

I want to point a domain to one that is elsewhere.

There is also a "Setup/Edit Domain Forwarding" function which sounds like it may be what I want but I'm not sure because I can't test it. It says "The domain forwarder is currently using the ip address #.#.#.#. All domain that you want to be forwarded should be pointing at this ip." The problem is, I can't change the sites IP to the one it says. I use WHM to change a sites IP and that one isn't in the list of choices. Does this domain forwarding do what I want, cloaked forwarding, or does it just redirect to the other site?

If it does do cloaked forwarding, I can manually change the sites IP, but I have a feeling it just redirects. If so, how do I set up what I want without resorting to frames?