The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clone Login Theme Issue

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by shenzy, Feb 15, 2017.

1. shenzy

shenzy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello
    I need create a custom login theme but i can't "clone" the actual theme . The instruction are:
    1. Navigate to WHM's Theme Manager interface (Main >> Themes >> Theme Manager).
    2. Click Manage Themes under the Login icon.
    3. Click Clone next to the theme that you wish to duplicate.
    4. Enter a name for the duplicate theme in the available text box and click Submit.
    But WHM only show option to upload theme. I try in 3 servers and have the same problem.

Anyone who can help me? 2017-02-15 17_11_23-srv8 – WebHost Manager.png

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

This is actually a flaw in our documentation. You can replace the instructions under section "1" on the How to Create Custom-Branded Login Pages document with the following steps:

A. Login to WHM via SSH as the root user.
    B. Copy the /usr/local/cpanel/base/unprotected/cpanel/ directory to its own custom folder. For example:

Code:
    cp -a /usr/local/cpanel/base/unprotected/cpanel /usr/local/cpanel/base/unprotected/newtheme
    Ignore the additional steps listed under section "1" on this document, but proceed with steps 2 through 7.

Internal case DOC-8052 is open to correct the documentation to reflect the updated instructions, and internal case CPANEL-10426 will ensure the existing themes are listed in "Theme Manager" in cPanel version 64.

Thank you.