The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CloudFlare and DNS Issue

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by mgballew, Dec 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mgballew

mgballew Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Dear cPanel Community,

I am not a professional, in fact I am far from it, but I have been around cPanel for a long time. I am trying to setup a VPS of mine just to run cPanel and a few websites, but I am having and absolute nightmare getting it up and running.

All I have is a Centos 6.5 VPS with cPanel and your typical setup, plus I am using cloudflare for my domains I want to host on my vps. I am encountering the following problems;

Navigating to an account (public_html) for any of the domains lands you on the default cPanel webpage, regardless of weather or not I have index files in the directory. I have created the .htaccess file (since it was not there) and ensured the default page is my index.html and that the index file has good perms, but no matter what I do I just land right back at the cPanel default webpage.

The second problem is extremely confusing. When accessing cPanel/WHM through the default hostname everything works well. CloudFlare handles the SSL and I am able to securely use cPanel/WHM without any issues. However attempting to login to cPanel/WHM from a hosted site (with identical A records and CloudFlare setup) yields a broken page cpanel page that is missing its CSS.

This might seem simple, but I can't get my head around it. Identical domains with identical records and identical CloudFlare configurations yet only one actually works with cPanel, and the other looks like someone murdered the CSS. I also am completely confused as to why the index.html will not load automatically despite me having created the appropriate .htaccess file and tripple checking the permissions.

Please help.

2. SysSachin

SysSachin Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I think you have updated your site "A" record to wrong IP and due to that you are getting default cPanel page issues. Please check your domain "A" record and update it correctly.

You are access your cPanel behind CloudFlare, Please access your cPanel with serverip:2082 URL

Please check My cPanel won't load or keeps logging me out after enabling CloudFlare

3. mgballew

mgballew Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well of course the A record is correct, otherwise I wouldn't be able to manually pull up my index page (mydomain.com/index.html)

And I always use 2082, but doing so breaks the cPanel CSS and logs you out every time you attempt to change anything.

The situation is still the same. Apache is either not reading the .htaccess file or cPanel has incorrectly configured the account's home directory. And I dont know what to say to the CSS breaking whenever you use SSL connections outside of the hostname.

4. Dave Smith

Dave Smith Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Mgbellew,
    What is the output of the Development Console? Also in your CloudFlare account have you disabled Auto Minify and the Rocket Loader in the Speed settings? You could also try disabling Cookie IP Validation in your WHM Tweak Settings.

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator