Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cloudflare and WHM SMTP Connection

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by leandrorocha, Dec 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. leandrorocha

leandrorocha Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I am facing a issue with SMTP connections since I started to use cloudflare. I have a dedicated server and the main domain use cloudlflare. When I try to connect using a PHP SMTP script I have an issue if I try to connect to the secure SMTP server.

The point is simple, however I couldnt found a solution. As the default secure SSL/TSL server mail for WHM is in domain.tld, I cant connect directly because cloudflare is protecting this DNS. However if I disable cloudflare or use the insecure SMTP server that points to mail.domain.tld, I am able to connect perfectly.

So I need to find a way to move the secure SMTP server from the default domain.tld to a subdomain.domain.tld, however I dont know where I can change this setting. I already read some topics here that talk about this same issue, but couldnt find a solution. Someone already solved this?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Is the PHP script located on the same server you are using to send out the email? If so, you could simply update the hostname setting in the PHP script to use "localhost". Otherwise, simply setup a new "A" record for the domain name (e.g. smtp.domain.tld) and then use that as the mail server name in your PHP script settings.

Thank you.