Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

CloudFlare Origin Certificate - WHM Not Loading

Discussion in 'Security' started by XxUnkn0wnxX, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. XxUnkn0wnxX

XxUnkn0wnxX Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    hi, i just finished installing the cloudflare origin cert for whm and cpanel services & fixing the dns so that i can access whm through my sites domain name.

now everything else seems to work and load fine but when i go to Security Center » cPHulk Brute Force Protection

it loads up like this:

i.imgur.com/hkSLOkm.jpg

and when a link is clicked it go says page not found. it removes the :2087 port number in the url.

now when i access this directly via the servers ip i have no issues with loading the page.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

It''s interesting that only one option in WHM is facing that issue. Try running the following command and then logging out and logging back in again to see if the issue persists:

Code:
    mv /var/cpanel/caches/_generated_command_files{,.backup}
    Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. XxUnkn0wnxX

XxUnkn0wnxX Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    nope issue still occurs via domain url, just tested

scripts2/manage_external_auth
    scripts2/config_mod_security
    scripts2/show_mod_security
    scripts2/manage_mod_security_vendors
    scripts7/twofactorauth

also all broken i think the highly scripted urls are broken.

and i have set in cloudflare a page rule of: *example.com:2087/*

to disable all security, apps, performance & cacheing when accessing WHM. cloudflare is still proxyfying the url though not a direct passthrough as it hides the source IP address this way.

cloudflare did mention this here but i'm unsure what they mean by:
    i did cpanel.example.com as a Cname and the url would not resolve. as an A Record it resolves fine aslong it points to the IP but i cannot unproxyfy it as it will reveal my real IP address.

i think the issue is a CF proxy issue when i access it via domain url. any way i can get it to work properly without unproxyfying it?

#3 XxUnkn0wnxX, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2017
  4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

In previous support tickets where this same question is asked, it was determined there are no workarounds other than pointing the proxy subdomain (e.g. whm, cpanel) directly to the cPanel server via an "A" record. You may want to reach out to CloudFlare's support team to see if there are any additional solutions they can offer.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. XxUnkn0wnxX

XxUnkn0wnxX Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    it is pointing to the server via an A Record but its being proxyfied in the process. if i just do DNS any 1 can DDos my server and take my whole site down. WHM is installed on my main web server.

i.imgur.com/R7ge1e7.jpg

so there is no other way in getting to work via https://server.example.net:2087 without it directly going to the server IP outside cloudflare proxy? without any other issues?

if thats so any 1 would be able to do a nslookup on the subdomain and obtain my IP..

#5 XxUnkn0wnxX, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2017
  6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Yes, that's correct. I encourage you to reach out to CloudFlare's support team to see if there are any additional workarounds or solutions they can offer.

Thank you.