Jaan Raadik

Jul 23, 2015
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi all,

I'm trying to install CloudLinux on my Linode VPS. I cannot get the CloudLinux kernel to load as per the guide, as the guide specifies to use the kernel 'pv-grub-x86_64', but this is unavailable using the KVM Hypervisor.

Support advised me to use GRUB2 Kernel, however upon booting the VPS with this configuration, the system doesn't boot.

Has anyone had similar issues or has any idea of a solution that would be available when using Linode?

Regards,
Jaan

TerranceR

Jul 9, 2015
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

For using KVM on Linode with CloudLinux you should use the GRUB 2 option under your profile and make sure that Grub is actually installed on the VPS if you do this correctly it will most definitely work.

oviliz

Feb 23, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
CloudLinux is advertised a lot on cPanel interfaces. But why CloudLinux articles are so few and old and why cPanel doesn't come with some more and clear instruction on how to install CloudLinux on major cloud hosting providers like Linode, Digital Ocean, Vultr etc.?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
CloudLinux is advertised a lot on cPanel interfaces. But why CloudLinux articles are so few and old and why cPanel doesn't come with some more and clear instruction on how to install CloudLinux on major cloud hosting providers like Linode, Digital Ocean, Vultr etc.?
Hello :)

Is there a particular issue you are having when installing Cloud Linux on a server offered by one of those providers? Keep in mind you may find the documentation helpful on the Cloud Linux website:

CloudLinux Documentation

Thank you.