The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CloudLinux Uninstaller breaks EasyApache

Discussion in 'CloudLinux' started by optize, Dec 12, 2012.

1. optize

optize Well-Known Member

I did my first uninstall of CloudLinux today, thinking it would go smoothly.... sadly I was very much mistaken.

I thought after running centos2cl, installing the default CentOS kernel and rebooting, I would be done.... That's what the docs make you believe atleast.

The first problem started when EasyApache didn't want to recompile because "lib/cpp" failed sanity check.

Thankfully, I found:
    http://www.linuxbabu.net/2012/10/cl...ror-c-preprocessor-libcpp-fails-sanity-check/
    which told me I needed kernel-headers.... Would be nice if CloudLinux's uninstall told me that....

Woohoo, got passed compiling Apache... onto PHP.... Now PHP is failing because of mod_hostinglimits issues. Why is it trying to compile mod_hostinglimits on a non-CL box?

Thankfully, I found another blog:
    http://www.raidten.com/remove-mod_hostinglimits-c-from-easyapache-after-migrating-from-cloudlinux/

After running his commands, rebooting, EasyApache now works.

My 10 minute scheduled maintenance ended up to be an 90 minute ordeal because the CL uninstall script does a half ass job at uninstalling itself. If cPanel is going to tightly integrate their software with CloudLinux, please make sure you can do a clean uninstall. Now I feel I have a box which is 50% CloudLinux and 50% CentOS... Who knows what other CL issues I'll see in the future.

#1 optize, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  2. iseletsk

iseletsk Well-Known Member

Optize,

check if kernel-headers are present. I am sorry -- there is not enough people running uninstall, we correct the issues as they come in, but due to all the servers being different -- it is hard to get all the cases.

3. optize

optize Well-Known Member

Some more issues since we migrated back to CentOS.

lsphp5[23947]: segfault at 7fff7d449f80 ip 00007fce1863729e sp 00007fff7d449f30 error 6 in libpcre.so.0.0.1[7fce18624000+3c000]

Litespeed's PHP is segfaulting constantly due to libpcre. I tried recompiling Apache/PHP, but it didn't fix it.

4. mcongosto

mcongosto Member

Hi. Let me ask please, why did you uninstall? we are considering cloudlnux and your opinion would be helpful.

thanks.

5. cymbal

cymbal Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

I have same issue..
    Cloudlinux completely ruined my easyapache.. when I mailed about that to cloudlinux and also cpanel they replied that I have issue with YUM

I hate cloudlinux