The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cluster & Accounts

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by NoDoze, Jul 16, 2005.

1. NoDoze

NoDoze Active Member

OK, I setup a DNS Cluster sucessfully between two servers. yes, synched both ways.

However, I have a question about the user accounts..I wanted to test this...

I moved one user account to the new server, the transfer completed ok. And the new user account showed up on the new server, as it should. But on the original server, the account was still listed. Is the user account supposed to be listed on both servers?

I then terminated the account on the original server, in which it disappeared, of course, but on the new server, the account still showed, but was unable to show the website, saying there was no account there....but I could still see it listed...?

So...When transfering accounts from one server to another, is it supposed to be listed on both servers? Will they both occupy physical HD space?

And how do the accounts work in general on a clustered setup? Will the accounts only show on the original cpanel setup? Or will accounts on server A be listed on Cpanel A, and accounts on server B listed on cpanel B? Not Accounts on server B and A listed only on Cpanel A...? How does it work?

I'm confused now...As I am sure you are also now after reading that!....hehe

I tried doing a search on this in here but wasn't exactly sure what terms to search under...

ANY help or comments are appreciated..

Thanks!

2. challii

challii Well-Known Member

You deleted the dns zones when you terminated the account on the 1st host.

You need to make sure you keep the Keep DNS zone checkbox ticked when you are moving accounts in this way.

And yes everything you have described is perfectly normal.

3. NoDoze

NoDoze Active Member

Ahhhh....ok....yeah I saw that and had it unchecked....

Cool! Thanks!