The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cluster Confusion

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by bizzy, Nov 1, 2014.

1. bizzy

bizzy Member

The cluster section appears to have changed since I last visited it.

The good news is that the cluster is still syncing ok. There is a master server and two slaves. The bad news is when I go to the master server WHM Cluster Configuration page it shows "No servers are defined for this configuration cluster". I get the same response from the WHM page on the slave nameservers. When I go to to the master DNS Cluster page the radio button to modify is set to Enable DNS Clustering implying that clustering is nor enabled - though the path diagram shows the two slaves.

Hence there is no apparent way to add or detach a server. Last time I looked there was!

If I go to the slave the radio button is the other way round. I need to add another nameserver. Is it safe to 'enable clustering' when it is already working OK or have I hit an anomaly?

#1 bizzy, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  2. Sys Admin

Sys Admin Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. bizzy

bizzy Member

Thank you - so I can forget Configuration as a cause of the issue?

It still leaves the question of why servers are no longer listed in the table that used to appear on the DNS Cluster page on either master & slaves yet the correct path diagram is still shown on the master. How would one delete or edit a slave server entry without this table?

#3 bizzy, Nov 1, 2014
  4. Sys Admin

Sys Admin Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Actually, It should be listed there and you should have full control over this. What's your cPanel version on both servers? Try to enable the dns clustering on both as it sounds to be disabled as far as I can understand from your posts. Otherwise, There is something wrong or a misconfiguration with your setup.

5. bizzy

bizzy Member

I have 11.44.1.19 on all three servers. I have a working sync. I did have the servers listed in a table. The only change is the automatic WHM update and the disappearance of the table list. I assume one accounts for the other.

These are live production machines - so I am reluctant to experiment (and possibly break the syncing) until I understand the issue.

As I mentioned above the chart shows as it should:

Server A
    |
    |- Server B
    |
    |- Server C

#5 bizzy, Nov 1, 2014
  6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

To clarify, are you browsing to "WHM Home » Clusters » DNS Cluster" or "WHM Home » Clusters » Configuration Cluster"?

Thank you.