The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cluster Servers - Timeout/no display with 14 servers

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by handsonhosting, Aug 18, 2004.

1. handsonhosting

handsonhosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I currently have 14 servers clustered with the DNS all pointing back to one of the machines, but recently I have been noticing that it's taking longer and longer for the information to show up.

I have 6 new servers going online this week, and I was adding them into the manager, but now i'm only getting 4 of the servers (out of the 14 added) to show.

Any ideas? -- Is there a way to manually add them to the cluster without having to use the WHM to retrieve the status? Just force it to add anyway?

Thanks,

Conor

2. handsonhosting

handsonhosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Found an answer after digging around in the shell for a while - while it doesn't address manual adding, it did solve my initial problem (been scratching my head for a day - searching all forums I could think of too)

The problem was that a server was offline. When the cluster.cgi file tried to poll it, it was timing out, and instead of SKIPPING it, it just stalled and displyed what it had already retrieved. Not allowing the ability to remove it.

I found where the cluster information was being stored:

/var/cpanel/cluster/root/config/

I went into the direcotry, removed the offending IP number, and up popped the display of the other servers.

I guess the new question is; is there a limit to the nubmer of machines you can link for DNS clustering?

Conor

3. Solokron

Solokron Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I am interested in this as well.