The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cluster with 2 servers

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by xixi, Oct 22, 2004.

1. xixi

xixi Active Member

Hi
    I want to setup correctly Cpanel cluster with 2 servers.
    I have one server working for some time with ns1.domain.tld and ns2.domain.tld , there are some clients accounts.
    Now I have bought a new server and i want to sync them with cpanel cluster , but what is the best way to do it ?
    I want to keep my clients accounts on server1 and server2 so i need the same domain to be used on both server, so what are the best solution for that ?
    Should I setup bot of them in cpanel cluster as synchronize each other or one of them should be standalone ?
    Can I use now only ns1.domain.tld and ns2.domain.tld assigned to the server1 and then what should i setup more then cluster in server2 which at now i want to be without dns ?
    And the last questions is creating new accounts what will happen when i try to setup an account with exisitng login for eg. there is another name.domain.tld on the server1 and then i will try to make the same account on server2 is there any warning message or its just overwriting ?
    Please help me.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

The only thing that cPanel clustering does is to mantain multiple DNS servers. It does nothing else. Other than the DNS, the servers are completely separate with their own accounts, domains, etc. You would also need a cPanel license for each server.

3. xixi

xixi Active Member

ok, but how i should setup cluster in my situation (both servers will have accounts and both will be using same main domain ) ? should i both setup them as synchronize or one of them should be standalone
    the second: how can i prvent of using same subdomains in my domain.tld ? for eg. when i try make sub1.domain.tld on server2 which is already on server2 ?? is not making an overwrite ??