The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cluster Woes - cPanel

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by big.nerd, Nov 1, 2010.

1. big.nerd

big.nerd Registered

Nov 1, 2010
    I am taking over for a system administrator, and they have 3 servers, all running cPanel, behind a load balancer.

We've ordered new servers from another provider and they are recommending AGAINST cPanel, to which I have grown to love!

The problem is they are saying that cPanel has no clustering capabilities, I want to be clear on the setup, which barely uses cPanel, but it works:

The services are for WEB only, and they are all for 1 website. cPanel is used mainly for the excellent updates, and easy to use control panel so that the developers can make changes without much worry.

We want to have the load balanced between all of the web traffic, and I don't mind configuring each server individually.

Is cPanel still a good fit? From what the provider says it doesnt support clustering, and by that I have no idea what they are looking for (SNMP to see load of each server?)

Any help/advice would be great.. thanks.
  2. PlatinumServerM

PlatinumServerM Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2005
    New Jersey, USA
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    CPanel is just the control interface for your server. Although cpanel has no clustering capabilities in and of itself, it really does not make any difference if you cluster 3 servers that have cpanel or not. You just need to setup the cluster manually.