The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clustering info required

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by VVPS-Dave, Jan 30, 2012.

1. VVPS-Dave

VVPS-Dave Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi, we have set up a cluster for one of our clients, so far using 2 DNS only cpanel machines and 1 hosting only machine. This is all working fine.

Our client has now told us he has another 2 cpanel servers that already has customer on them (some using his nameservers, some using their own DNS servers) and he wants them bringing into the cluster.

Is this ok to do and what is the best way to do it? We don't want any downtime and also want to be able to get clients to change their nameservers over to the clustered nameservers at their own leisure.

I have searched and don't see an answer to this but am concerned if i go ahead and add those servers to the cluster we will see some adverse effects.

2. SoftDux

SoftDux Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I had a request similar to this about 2 years ago. Just search the forums for DNS cluster, or look under my posts :)

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Yes, this is possible, and you would configure the additional web server the same way you configured the first one. The following documentation is available if you have not yet reviewed it:

Guide to DNS Cluster Configuration

Feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions about the process.

Thank you.