The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clustering questions

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Data 1, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Data 1

Data 1 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2008
    Columbus Ohio
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    For some reason clustering seems "difficult" to me. Yes I know the "optimal" thing to do would be to throw a couple dns only servers in the mix but that can't happen for a few months.

7 servers, all running regular whm

bind running on server 1, an old timer with accounts also.

Other 6 not running bind.

Cluster on at all servers.

Server 1 has the other 6 in its list of clusters with role stand alone in all the dropdowns.

Each of the others has server 1 only in its list with synch in the drop down.

This is working, I create an account on 5 lets say and it creates a zone on 1 which is listed as nameservers at registrar. I delete the account on 5 and it removes the zone from 1.

HOWEVER every single zone from 1 appears in the zone list on all the other servers. I guess this is "ok" but it bugs me because the zones don't need to be there... the only server that needs zones for accounts not on it is the nameserver.

Maybe I'm being OCD but they don't need to be there. I have read the clustering start up guide and it's written by someone who obviously understands it at a depth I don't.