The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clustering Question's

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by gamerunner2, Apr 4, 2006.

1. gamerunner2

gamerunner2 Member

Jul 24, 2005
    Hello,im not really new to cPanel but i am about somethings,i worked for a webhosting company
    and i didnt deal with the datacenter i fixed stuff like if someones DNS gets messed up or they mess it up there cPanel wont work my question is because im gonna be soon setting up a 6 sever datacenter and im going to have 3 name servers also(total 9 servers) like the best thing to do last time i knew was cluster all the name servers,now my problem is do i cluster all 3 nameservers with the 6 main servers? or will it have the IP in it?
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Go on, have a guess
    Not sure that I completely follow you, but:

If you have 6 web servers and 3 name servers then you will want at least to setup all 9 servers in a cPanel DNS cluster. As to how you sychronise them depends on whether you want all zones on all servers. At minimum you'll want all the web servers to sync to all the name servers and you'll want all the name servers to sync to each other.