The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clustering -- subdomain on secondary server

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Ishware, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Ishware

Ishware Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have two dedicated servers, on which I have set up a cluster. Each is set to synch to the other.

I have a domain on the first server. I want to set up a subdomain on the second server; preferably without having to create a DNS zone (or, the lazy man's way - create an account to get the zone created, then edit the IP to point to the second server... ugh).

What's the right way to do this?

I'm assuming it should be that I can create the account on the secondary server (where I also want the subdomain to reside), and the zone should propagate to the primary server (which has the NS that the domain points to at the registrar)...

EDIT: The reason I'm asking is because I did what I thought was the way to do it -- I set up the subdomain on the second server, and nothing got propagated to the first server, so the subdomain doesn't resolve...

2. Janak

Janak Well-Known Member