The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coding WHM Addon scripts - page size limitation?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bjdea1, Jan 30, 2006.

1. bjdea1

bjdea1 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2003
    I'm in the process of writing my own WHM Addon module to be placed in /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/

I've come accross an annoying problem. When I try executing my script, it works fine for small page output sizes but when I increase the size of the output page to say 30KB WHM times out and my cgi never gets to output the page to WHM. I have a debug logging and the cgi script does complete executing its just WHM seems to not process the output that my cgi script spits out when its over 30KB or so.

This is really limiting. Seems that WHM only allows Addon modules that spit out pages 30KB or less - is this due to the encryption WHM uses or something of that nature.

Is there anyway to get WHM to allow my addon module script pump out pages larger than 30KB? I have a complex page structure with multiple checkboxes, input fields etc, it only fills up a page but its a lot of html will all th eform elements, I need more than 30KB. Can I increse it at all??
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Go on, have a guess
    I've had that. Try upping WHM > Tweak Settings > The maximum memory a cPanel process can use before it is killed off > to say double it's current setting and see if that helps.