The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coldfusion MX 7 on Linux + cPanel server?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sh4ka, Aug 22, 2007.

1. sh4ka

sh4ka Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

Some of our customers needs Coldfusion MX 7 on a RedHat Enterprise 4 Linux Server that comes with cPanel. At http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion/coldfusion7/systemreqs/ I can see there is support for RHES 4, but will it cause any conflict to install this app in the same server that cPanel is installed?

Do anyone know about some guides to install this app?

Thank you.

2. ianwinter

ianwinter Member

It won't cause any conflicts with cpanel as such.

I have it running fine on a RHES3 box with cpanel. The only issue is making sure if the apache config is rebuilt that the jrun connector settings are maintained, but, that depends on how often you rebuild apache as well. I've recently done it to upgrade to apache2.2 but once it's done you shouldn't need to touch anything.

There isn't any integration into cpanel though, something I have thought about looking into though, a service manager kind of thing.

HTH,
    Ian

3. gpilot

gpilot Member

Coldfusion on CentOS

Greetings:

I have a client who wants to pay the $$ for CF so he can run his website on our server, which make use of CF.

Can you point me to any docs which detail the command line/scripts to compile Apache so CF will be operable on our server? Will it work on CentOS?

In the alternative, what would you charge for a consulting fee for your time for some tech assistance? I am not familiar with CF and am in the process of d/l ing a trial from Adobe. Since you have already done this, how difficult is it??

Thanks for your time.