chonk

Feb 28, 2015
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,
I tried everything, but it just doesn't work. I keep getting this error on my apache error logs.

ModSecurity: collections_remove_stale: Failed to access DBM file "/tmp/global": Permission denied

Anyone know how to fix it?
I'm using suphp with WAF modsecurity rules. It's Centos 7 with Apache 2.4

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Are you using MPM-ITK? You can check by running the following command:

Code:
rpm -qa|grep mpm
If your system uses either the mod_ruid2 or the mod_mpm_itk Apache modules and also uses Persistant Storage with the initcol, setuid, or setsid directives in the ModSecurity rules, Apache will fail to track that rule. Apache will also log errors to its error_log file. For example, the IP Reputation rule in the OWASP core ruleset may give this error. This is documented at:

Apache Module: ModSecurity - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

chonk

Feb 28, 2015
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

Are you using MPM-ITK? You can check by running the following command:

Code:
rpm -qa|grep mpm
If your system uses either the mod_ruid2 or the mod_mpm_itk Apache modules and also uses Persistant Storage with the initcol, setuid, or setsid directives in the ModSecurity rules, Apache will fail to track that rule. Apache will also log errors to its error_log file. For example, the IP Reputation rule in the OWASP core ruleset may give this error. This is documented at:

Apache Module: ModSecurity - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.
My system uses prefork mpm. I don't use OWASP core ruleset also.

That code gives me that:
ea-apache24-mod_mpm_prefork-2.4.25-7.7.1.cpanel.x86_64

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
ModSecurity: collections_remove_stale: Failed to access DBM file "/tmp/global": Permission denied
Hello,

It also appears you are using a custom path for SecDataDir (/tmp/global). Try updating this path per the instructions on the following thread and let us know if the issue persists:

ModSecurity - SecDataDir

Thank you.