Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

comcast.net Throttled

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by asmithjr, Aug 29, 2017.

1. asmithjr

asmithjr Well-Known Member

I have a few customers that are sending emails to their mailing lists for parents in the local schools. I notice when they send emails that many get stuck in queue. What I notice is most are to comcast.net email accounts. The error is Throttled - try again later.
    While I know the emails will eventually deliver the entire server is now restricted from sending to comcast for another hour.
    My question is. Has anyone experienced a similar issue and do you know of a way to help with delivery?
    I did create a script to change the outgoing IP address by changing the last line to *: NEW IP but this is not the way to handle this I'm sure.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Comcast documents this issue at:

Postmaster : SMTP Error Codes

You may need to reach out to them using the phone number provided in that document to see if it's possible to get your server's IP whitelisted.

Thank you.

3. asmithjr

asmithjr Well-Known Member

Thanks, that was the same documentation I've been using. I spent an hour on the phone with them. Seems they can only say it is sender score and to check senderscore.org. We both did and my IP is a 99. Wow. it says I can send 86,400 per hour to Comcast but the truth is more like 100. I'm trying to escalate it to see if they can truly check it rather than just referring to it.
    Thanks for the link. I guess I should have posted more of what I've done.