The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Command line PHP dead after upcp last night.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mmatos, Jan 5, 2008.

1. mmatos

mmatos Member

I'm running:
    WHM 11.11.0 cPanel 11.16.0-R18546
    FREEBSD 5.5-RELEASE-p9 i386 on standard - WHM X v3.1.0

---

Last night, apparently there was a very large update (the log file was 3.2MB, tons of deletes and installs it seems).

This morning, my automated php scripts (called by CRON) are failing:
    --------
    PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/20020429/ctype.so' - Cannot open "/usr/local/lib/php/20020429/ctype.so" in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/20020429/pcre.so' - Cannot open "/usr/local/lib/php/20020429/pcre.so" in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/20020429/simplexml.so' - Cannot open "/usr/local/lib/php/20020429/simplexml.so" in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/20020429/spl.so' - Cannot open "/usr/local/lib/php/20020429/spl.so" in Unknown on line 0
    ...(a bunch more)...
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in <path>/db.php on line 6
    ---------

However, my websites seem to be working, so this leads me to believe that somehow upcp messed up the command line PHP.

How do I fix this?

2. mmatos

mmatos Member

I am also getting the following emails from cron:

-------- Original Message --------
    Subject: Cron /usr/local/bin/python2.4 -S /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/cron/disabled
    Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 09:00:00 -0500
    To: postmaster@pluto.matosconsulting.com

/usr/local/bin/python2.4: not found

3. mmatos

mmatos Member

I must say, the support I get for the money is absolutely amazing! I'm glad that I, and other users are able to get so many helpful responses, especially from the cpanel staff monitoring these boards!

Anyway, thankfully I have a managed server and rather than wait for a response from cPanel, my server admin was able to fix the problem.

In case anyone else has a similar problem, here's the solution:

Turns out that FREEBSD 5.5-RELEASE-p9 was the problem, it was outdated and cPanel/WHM didn't handle it properly. Server admin upgraded me to FreeBSD 5.5-STABLE and now all is well.

If anyone is looking for a host, I'd like to recommend the people I use now - http://www.cpxserver.com. Zhu from this company worked all day to upgrade and repair everything that was wrong with cPanel.

4. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Actually, these are not official 'support forums' - If you run Cpanel and are licensed through Cpanel, then open a ticket with them - That is the proper way to get support. When you do that, things happen a lot quicker. Cpanel folks aren't necessarily viewing these forums 24/7 - If they were, they couldn't keep making cpanel better. So don't blame it on Cpanel when you can't get support by posting on these forums - that's not their intent.

Mike

5. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

Actually I am suprised that would fix it. Since everything else was working but not command line php it would seem that it was something more related to a dependancy that got broken during the upcp process. Normally the RELEASE branch fixes problems from the STABLE branch as we have seen in the past here. Seeing the pathing of /usr/local/lib/php/20020429 makes me a little suspicious since Freebsd 5.5 was released on or around the 25th of May 2006.

Something just doesnt look right and I think there was more than just downgrading from 5.5-Release to 5.5-Stable. :confused:

#5 nyjimbo, Jan 12, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2008