The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

comodo (trustix) license now transferred to cPlicensing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pizzaman, Sep 30, 2005.

1. pizzaman

pizzaman Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Wake up and found this email in my inbox without any previous notification. Anyone knows anything about this? I just find this: http://cpanel.trustix.com/ and this: https://www.cplicensing.net/comodo.php

------------

Dear Comodo Customer,

As may already be aware, there has been a recent change in the administration of your cPanel license(s). On the 28th of September 2005, Network Data Center Host, Inc. and our cPanel division cPlicensing.net acquired the cPanel licenses of Comodo(R) previously sold on Trustix.com and packaged with the Trustix(TM) Linux Distribution. We currently request your assistance in migrating your account into our system.

The license transfer process has already been completed and Network Data Center Host, Inc now serves as your cPanel license provider. While the license transfer itself has occurred, your account has not yet been established with us. We are currently requesting all transfer customers facilitate by filling out a registration form establishing the appropriate contact and billing information for your new account. Registration is mandatory to prevent license suspension and must be completed by October 10th 2005.

We understand that everyday chances are that you receive a email that is trying to deceive you. For this reason we have provided the following information to help prove that we are in fact telling the truth. First, you can take a look at http://cpanel.trustix.com/ this URL used to hold Comodo's cPanel Licensing page but now has a brief description informing customers that Network Data Center Host, Inc. is now your license provider. Below we have also included a list of licenses we show that you own, and a link to cPanel's verify system. Verify shows information about the licensed IP Address. If you follow the link(s) you will see that your license is in fact under Network Data Center Host, Inc using the Comodo-Transfer Group.

http://verify.cpanel.net/index.cgi?ip=myip
    http://verify.cpanel.net/index.cgi?ip=myip(n)

Thank you for your assistance, we welcome the opportunity to serve you and look forward to a long lasting, mutually beneficial, business relationship.

Comodo Transfer Information URL:
    https://www.cplicensing.net/comodo.php

Required Registration Form:
    https://www.cplicensing.net/comodoreg.php

Best Regards,

Billing Department
    Network Data Center Host, Inc.
    www.NDCHost.com
    billing@ndchost.com
    Phn. 1.888.294.UNIX (8649)
    Int. +01.949.388.8169
    Fax. +01.949.388.9069

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

First I've heard of it and not a very pleasant page on on either site. You'd have thought that Comodo/CPLicensing would have had the decency to make the announcement here.

At least your licenses aren't dead in the water which could easily have happened considering the dubious manner Comodo dropped them several months ago before they were resurrected.

It's not much of a surprise though considering Comodo's relatively recent purchases.

[Edit: made the thread sticky so that others are aware of this]

3. pizzaman

PartnerNOC

It would have been more decent had current cpanel.trustix's users been
    notified a little in advance. But I think I'm not complaining since
    CPlicensing is a quality provider and I'm their current customer too.

4. ntwaddel

ntwaddel Well-Known Member

Its no biggie, NDC made it very easy to transfer and i retained my existing pricing. I dont have any complaints.

5. ntwaddel

ntwaddel Well-Known Member

there must have been some hard feelings or something, cpanel even moved trustix towards the bottom of their supported list :P it was at the top

6. shaun

shaun Well-Known Member

We are doing our best to make this transfer process a simple one for all customers who licensed through comodo. If any of you had a license active with comodo and you did not receive a email from us, please make sure that you contact us! If you dont, you will end up with a expired license on 10/10/2005.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

billing@ndchost.com

Thanks,

Shaun Reitan

7. DigitalN

DigitalN Well-Known Member

Well done NDC host... been a client in the past of NDC host and nothing but good things to say about them.

Farewell Commodo I would be saying, as i am sure most will be already...

8. Joshfrom

Joshfrom Well-Known Member

Our distributions are randomized each time the page is loaded. -shrug-

This was a third-party transaction between Comodo and NDC Host -- about our only involvement was the actual transfer of the licenses.

9. pizzaman

PartnerNOC

Hi Josh,

Would you be able to make sure that Trustix will continue to be supported by cPanel? I kind of like this distro actually since they're lighter than the others.

Thanks

10. shaun

shaun Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if cpanel will continue to support the distro, but i do know that they are not going to continue the special license price trustix OS customers where receiving. New Trustix licenses will be the same as any other OS.

11. fjones

fjones Member

I emailed Comodo and inquired about Trustix still being supported or if I should move to another distro like CentOS. They said they'd still honor the previous contract but only time will tell. Probably end up moving to CentOS.

I like trustix but am annoyed at how they handled this.

fj

12. shaun

shaun Well-Known Member

Comodo will not be the one making the decision about if or if not cpanel supports there OS, you'll have to wait and see what cpanel says... If it where me, i would move to a more commenly used OS, like centos.

Well, unless i was in on the $29.95/Month deal, then you might as well hold out as long as you can!

#12 shaun, Oct 2, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2005
  13. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

At the current time, we still plan on supporting trustix. This is however contingent on comodo providing the very small amout of backend help we need to make this happen (if any). I don't forsee this being a problem.

14. pizzaman

PartnerNOC

This is great news Nick. Thanks.

15. mattonline

mattonline Member

I have signed up with NDC host for my license as it was to be transferred to them to take up the existing offer I had with Comodo.

NDC tell me that Comodo have cancelled my license and therefore I cant take up the offer and have to pay $45 monthly for my license?

Surely this cannot be correct.

Matt

16. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    If you send me the ip, I will look at the license history report for you to see what happened.

nick@cpanel.net

17. shaun

shaun Well-Known Member

Matt,

Notice from the info below, that we took over the licenses from comodo on Sept 28th, 2005 so any activity before that date was not done by Network Data Center Host, Inc.

This is all public information that you can view at http://verify.cpanel.net

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 202.173.xxx.xxx using package 15-DAY-TEST and is licensed though: NDC Host - Network Data Center Host (active on: 2005-10-06 22:17:54, group: NDC Host*) and is active.

2 202.173.xxx.xxx was using package 15-DAY-TEST and was licensed though: NDC Host - Network Data Center Host (active on: 2005-09-16 05:33:50, group: X-COMODO-TRANSFER) and is expired/deactived by unknown on 2005-10-12 08:00:00.

3 202.173.xxx.xxx was using package COMODO and was licensed though: NDC Host - Network Data Center Host (active on: 2004-11-24 08:31:11, group: X-COMODO-TRANSFER) and is expired/deactived by C0m0d0trust1x on 2005-09-15 06:05:43.

4 202.173.xxx.xxx was using package 15-DAY-TEST and was licensed though: Direct Licenses (active on: 2004-10-22 05:38:56, group: Comodo Trial) and is expired/deactived by unknown on unknown.

5 202.173.xxx.xxx was using package COMODO and was licensed though: NDC Host - Network Data Center Host (active on: 2004-11-15 06:33:30, group: X-COMODO-TRANSFER) and is expired/deactived by unknown on unknown.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18. BuyCpanel

BuyCpanel Member
    PartnerNOC

BuyCPanel.com Also Offering $29.95 to Ex-Trustix Clients

We will also be offering the $29.95/month to help Trustix customers.

http://www.BuyCPanel.com

After we verify you have Trustix installed, we will bill you $29.95/month as long as you have a current Trustix license.

Enter "Trustix" in the comments field to receive this rate.