Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Completely removing a phpBB using cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hikaru79, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Hikaru79

Hikaru79 Registered

I have an account at fuitadnet.com (with cpanel). I installed a board using cpanel's automatic install feature. It was 2.0.6, so I upgraded to 2.0.7 manually. However, I then realized that I prefer 2.0.6, so I tried to uninstall my upgraded board to build a new one. However, I can't figure out how to remove all traces. I deleted the SQL database that it required. I deleted all the files from my host (except this pesky directory called cache which refuses to die). However, cPanel still insists that the board is intsalled. How can I get rid of the board completely?

In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have manually removed the files without uninstalling properly... but I'd looked all over for an uninstall button, but I couldn't find one. Is there any way out of this mess? :S

Thanks!

2. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

You could always install 2.0.6 manually. I do not allow cPanel installs of phpBB (I use fantastico which is updated much more frequently) so I am not aware of where (if anywhere) the installed status is kept. Hopefully someone else can give you a better answer on that.

I do have to ask however what feature of 2.0.7 is it that you do not like versus 2.0.6.

2.0.7 (2.0.7a is the most recent version at this point) contains a number of security fixes over 2.0.6 and I would not recommend running an older version.