Completely Uninstall Wordpress Toolkit including users

Josh Cobb

Registered
May 8, 2017
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Just my two cents, whoever thought it was a smart idea to force WP Toolkit on the latest 92.* update, or worse if it was an oversight, needs to step into the real world of how we run our businesses. With 400+ websites under management and a staging server with hundreds of WP installs and projects in development, having to remove WP Toolkit and all of the associated files and folders in WP Uploads directories is still ongoing after a week.

Might just be us thinking this, but WP Toolkit have blown their chances of us ever using their software. Trust and partnerships are the cornerstone of business and they always will be - something WP Toolkit's team need to step into the real world and learn. It's simply unacceptable and arrogant to think you can force your software onto businesses who have run successfully and profitably without it.

kernow

Jul 23, 2004
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I see wp-toolkit is now part of a yum mirror check. Run 'yum clean all', then 'yum update' and just under the kernelcare mirror check it lists:
Code:
wp-toolkit-cpanel                                                                                                                                                            
wp-toolkit-cpanel/primary_db                                                                                                                                                 
wp-toolkit-thirdparties                                                                                                                                                          
wp-toolkit-thirdparties/primary_db
Its just itching to re-install itself isn't it? !!

Duplika

Feb 26, 2005
Buenos Aires, Argentina
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
@Duplika - as of this time, that is correct. Removing the RPM will remove the software from the server, but it will not remove the edits to the wp-config.php file. The above post from @custer provides an explanation as to why that decision was made.
So to remove it, at least not everything, we should run the following command and nothing else?

Code:
rpm -e wp-toolkit-cpanel

LBJ

Nov 1, 2003
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Might just be us thinking this, but WP Toolkit have blown their chances of us ever using their software. Trust and partnerships are the cornerstone of business and they always will be - something WP Toolkit's team need to step into the real world and learn. It's simply unacceptable and arrogant to think you can force your software onto businesses who have run successfully and profitably without it.
It's definitely not just you. Oakley have certainly changed the ethos of cPanel.

Reactions: sneader

Forrest Ward

Registered
Feb 26, 2016
San Francisco, CA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I just received the 92.0.6 WHM/cPanel update and WOW .... I now have WORDPRESS ....... how do I get this crap off my VPS server?

All it does is open up security vulnerabilities across ALL my user accounts and my main VPS server as well ...

Who decided to FORCE this crap on WHM/cPanel server owners??? .... they should be FIRED !!!

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@Forrest Ward - your server did not get any Wordpress installations as part of the update. If your server had Wordpress Manager, which has been a cPanel tool for some time, or if you clicked the option to install Wordpress Toolkit during the Feature Showcase, your machine would get Wordpress Toolkit installed. It just gives you the option to install and manage all Wordpress installations more easily.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, you can remove the RPM if you don't want the tool on the machine at all.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Here's an update applied in version 5.2.4 of WPT that I'm sure many of you will appreciate:

WordPress Toolkit no longer adds WP_AUTO_UPDATE_CORE constant to wp-config.php file right after scanning process adds a WordPress installation. This constant will be added only after site admin has explicitly modified WordPress autoupdate settings.

Reactions: custer and cPanelTJ