The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compliment for Cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bmcpanel, Jul 27, 2007.

1. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2002
    A few days ago I experienced hard drive failure on one of my production servers that housed nearly 500 hosted accounts. Luckily, I had previously setup the cpanel backup system to save all customer site data, mysql data and config files.

I had my datacenter rebuild the server and re-install cpanel. I then logged in and set the backup system to restore. I then restored all accounts on the server.

I had done this in the past and experienced problems with the restore of some sites. However, this time, I did not have a single error in the restoration process. All sites, mysql data and other data came back fine during the restore. We didn't lose a single customer account.

I would like to extend my appreciation to the Cpanel developers for a fine backup system that works very well. I hope that your company will continue to focus on keeping your backup system working as well as it does today.

2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

Mar 9, 2015
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    That is great to hear. 10.8 also has more improvements in this area for non standard configs and non cPanel systems