The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comprehensive list of benefits?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by prixone, Jul 24, 2016.

1. prixone

prixone Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2004
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am rather confused with all these options and what to chose from on EA4.

I understood that some cannot run with one or another, like ruid2 and mpm itk.

Is there any comprehensive list of benefits of what you lose/gain in terms of security and modules removal/incompatibilities?

I've noticed another thread around, excuse me for not having the URL where it was mentioned that ruid2 would further require a configuration made inside the virtualhost to actually be efficient in its protection and regardless its still listed as experimental.

Another thing that intrigues me is the fact ruid2 has been around for years now, but still is experimental?

MPM ITK is also listed as experimental and is said to be more effective then ruid2, how so? Again is there a comprehensive comparative list about it?

I know suExec has been around for ages as well and have many flaws.

Looks like we are on a boat full of holes with the crew using their fingers to close the holes.

Currently what is the cPanel standing on the matter?
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

The following thread offers discussion on the topic of security options with EasyApache 4:

EasyApache4 symlink race protection

Could you let us know if this is the type of discussion you are looking for?

Thank you.