The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concerns about EasyApache4

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by bejbi, Mar 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bejbi

bejbi Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi,

I'm using cPanel on many servers. But recently I have the impression that cPanel is far behind other panels hosting.

Most web hosting company, in Easyapache 3, was using the PHP in fastCGI mode, because it was fast, convenient and does not require a lot of server resources.

Currently Easyapache 4 no longer can use PHP as fastCGI.

To change the version of PHP many hosting company was using CloudLinux (with his PHPselector), which worked very well, but on a version EA4 does not work anymore.

We have to use now MultiPHP, which by definition was a very good solution, but ONLY in conjunction with the FPM. SuPHP or CGI (OMG!) is an ancient and inefficient PHP modes.

We can turn the FPM, but with a NEW accounts it is default turned off. And when the user changes the version of PHP in cPanel, it also turns off !
    So it is unusable at all !

Currently, other hosting companies can do (using DirectAdmin):

1. multiple versions of PHP per account (do not have the old suPHP or CGI), but factCGI or FPM (lack of this in cPanel and cPanel has not even started work on the introduction of FPM working by default)

2. separation of domains within one hosting account (using openbase_dir - I know this is not a complete separation, but every security thing is good against outdated/broken versions of WordPress or Joomla!. But this option (openbase_dir) in cPanel does not work. And in DirectAdmin running smoothly by default.

I have the impression that the developers cPanel do not look at what your customers use (hosting companies on the market). Currently, the world is changing very rapidly, and when I set up new servers - I only have the ability to implement old and inefficient suPHP on EA4. Because all the other modern versions of PHP are ... unusable.

I feel very disappointed last time.

W.

2. vacancy

vacancy Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, easyapache 4 transition process was not easy.

There are deficiencies, but cPanel continues to work on this issue. I agree with this that there is a slightly slow road map on the subjects with critical importance.

EasyApache 4 supports fcgi, but there is no multi php support, easyapache 4 promised no innovation in this regard. This is bad.

Apache Module: FCGId - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

Php-fpm is more better than fastcgi, but can not be activated by default, it is difficult to perform manual operations for each account, there is a feature request for this topic, but there is no improvement yet.

PHP-FPM enabled by default on account creation

In summary, fcgi and php-fpm can be applied to servers with a small number of sites, but when large numbers of sites are hosted they are far from functional, which is bad for system admins.

We have to pay for paid software like LiteSpeed, which is very sad.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @bejbi,

Support for the FCGId Apache module is offered as of cPanel version 62:

Apache Module: FCGId - EasyApache 4 - cPanel Documentation

Additionally, some of the details about it's current limitations are referenced on the following feature request page:

EasyApache 4 mod_fcgid

Could you let us know of the specific issue you are facing with PHP Selector and the MultiPHP option? Information about how PHP Selector interacts with the MultiPHP functionality in EA4 is documented at:

PHP Selector > Control Panel Integration > cPanel

You can find the open feature request for this at:

Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you.

4. bejbi

bejbi Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Why this thread was moved to another place, and how dare You change the topic !?

It was general discussion.

You say about:

but my TWO last comments to this feature request was REMOVED !!!

I said (or tied to say becouse it was declined):

it was answer to Benny that work under implementation EVEN NOT STARTED YET:

it is very bad.

Easyapache 4 is unusable at this time. Many of my customers want php per domains settings, but I can't give them this. My competitors have fastcgi with DirectAdmin and can give php versions per domain to his customers.

suPHP is not the answer at all. We were used suPHP 4-5 years before ...

============

and again: FEATURE REQUEST which is not implemented is not the answer ! I can't set up new server based on "feature request".

W

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @bejbi,

It looks like your concerns about the moderation actions are discussed on your other open thread.

Unfortunately, there's no native feature to automatically enable PHP-FPM on new accounts at this time. If you are open to an unsupported custom workaround, you could follow the guidelines referenced on the following post:

php-fpm enable ssh command

Thank you.