The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

configserver.com app recommend?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by end.soldire, Jul 21, 2009.

1. end.soldire

end.soldire Member

Hello,

Are you recommend install ConfigServer Firewall and ConfigServer Explorer and ConfigServer Mail Queues and ConfigServer Mail Manage on whm ?

configserver.com

not have any non compatible with whm ?

Please recommend to me protect ddos app ?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    We use all those you list (and others by configserver) and love them all. :)

3. nxweb

nxweb Active Member

I agree with the poster above, use them all and love them.

4. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

I recommend and use Chirpy's apps (configserver.com) with my own servers as well as with most all my security consulting and server management clients. His apps all work fairly well and there is not much sense re-inventing the wheel when these applications are available which leaves more time to focus on scripting other areas that may need more attention.

Now in regard to your "ddos app" comment above, you may want to take a look at Mod_Evasive for Apache which helps a bit with DoS attacks of a web based nature. Used in combination with Chirpy's CSF Firewall (properly configured) and Mod_Security with a better ruleset such as from GotRoot.Com, this will give you a fairly effective solution about as far as you can go before looking at hardware based options.

It is also worthwhile to note that most Cpanel servers also have a basic portscanner monitor installed called "portsentry" but by default configuration is almost completely useless and effectively turned off. However, if you update the configuration correctly, you can turn it into a fairly effective additional line of defense which also works very well alongside CSF and the other items previously mentioned above.

#4 Spiral, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009