Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Configuration Cluster - Which configuration is copied?

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by postcd, Jul 20, 2017.

1. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Hello,

i want to ask about "Configuration Cluster" feature of the WHM.

i will be migrating my cpanel installation to different server. There will be differences between old and new setup:

CentOS 6 vs CentOS 7
    EasyApache 3
    EasyApache 4..
    Different Apache, MySQL, PHP versions ...

Can this feature be anyhow used to save my time configuring the new server. What are things that are copied to the cluster members?

Will i be able to use Configuration Cluster feature while i am having
    - one regular cPanel VPS license set to my old VPS which will be running
    - and at same time i will install trial license according to the tutorial cPanel & WHM Free Trial License | cPanel, Inc.
    will i be able to configure my new server on free license and use cluster feature to migrate settings from old server please?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

As far as syncing configuration changes from one server to another, you can do this to some extent via "WHM >> Configuration Cluster", however this is only used for "WHM >> Update Preferences" at this time. You may simply want to browse to "WHM >> Tweak Settings" and "WHM >> EasyApache 4" on the destination server after installing cPanel and enable/disable the options you'd like to use. Once you do that, you can copy over the accounts using "WHM >> Transfer Tool".

The following URL includes a list of feature requests for additional functionality to the Configuration Cluster option:

Search Results (103) - "Configuration Cluster" | cPanel & WHM Feature Requests

Thank you.

postcd likes this.