Configurations required when a new JEE Web Application is deployed under /home/myAccount/public_html

EagleEye007

Registered
Feb 16, 2015
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have installed Tomcat, deployed my FirstWebApplication (J2EE Application) and configured this to /www.myWebApp1Site.com in server.xml. Everything works fine as expected.

I tried deploying SecondWebApplication (J2EE Application) and configured this to /www.myWebApp2Site.com in server.xml.

The problem I am facing now is, whenever I hit /www.myWebApp2Site.com, I get below content displayed on browser

Index of /

cgi-bin/
mySecondWebApp.zip
mySecondWebApp/

Please note that here, mySecondWebApp/ is the context for /www.myWebApp2Site.com which I have configured properly in server.xml

Now, when I click mySecondWebApp/ the url is redirected to /www.myWebApp2Site.com/mySecondWebApp/index.jsp and the content of index.jsp is displayed as plain text on browser.

Please let me know if I am missing something here any configuration setup or any specific deployment approach to be followed?

I reiterate, /www.myWebAp1Site.com is still working fine without any issues

Any help or pointers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Re: Configurations required when a new JEE Web Application is deployed under /home/myAccount/public_

Hello :)

Have you tried moving the contents of your web application directory into the public_html directory? Are there any differences between the .htaccess files of the working and non-working accounts?

Thank you.

EagleEye007

Registered
Feb 16, 2015
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Re: Configurations required when a new JEE Web Application is deployed under /home/myAccount/public_

Thanks for the reply sir!

Where can I find .htaccess file? Can you please help me out with the location?

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter

.htaccess is a hidden file normally found in the public_html/ directory. Assuming you're using cPanel File Manager and Paper Lantern, you might need to make a settings change to see it.

In header of cPanel where you see your username, click that menu and choose"Reset Page Settings", wait for page to reload.
Click File Manager, and you get a popup asking to set some options. Make sure you check this one:
Show Hidden Files (dotfiles).