The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Configure backup - one time backup

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by will72wein, Feb 9, 2010.

1. will72wein

will72wein Member

Hi,

My hard drive is acting up, so my host is providing me with a new one. Now I have to move all my accounts. I have used cpanel to backup each account individually BUT I wanted to use WHM to generate the backups. There is an option for configuring backup daily/weekly/monthly. I set the option as daily but quite a few hours have passed and no files are showing up in /backup. Is there no way to hit a button that says: GENERATE BACKUP NOW. When you select daily at what time during the day is the first backup made. What is the difference between getting backups from WHM and getting it by logging in to one of the accounts? On the new server when i try to restore backup... will I first have to create the account by hand or will the backup take care of that??

2. bigj

bigj Well-Known Member

Backups are fired off each night @ 1 AM unless you've changed the time in root's crontab. Once backups are enabled from WHM you can execute the backup manually by running '/scripts/cpbackup' from the command line instead of waiting till 1 AM.

Note: If you've configured the backup to run the day you're manually executing it this will work. If the backup would not normally run that day manually executing will result in the script bailing out since it's not configured to back up that day. Hope that makes sense.

--
    Jon

3. will72wein

will72wein Member

thanks a lot, that's exactly the info I was looking for. they should put this info in the documentation.