CentOS 7.9
cPanel & WHM Version

mpmaya

Registered
Nov 9, 2020
Mexico
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi, I search on the forum but my case is a bit different, I have one domain on WIX, they don't allow to change de NS to point to my WHM, so I need to add all DNS on WIX control panel, I add A record point to my WHM server, I have this:
A Record -> cpanel.domain.com -> Point to my server IP
A Record -> webmail.domain.com -> Point to my Server IP
A Record -> mail.domain.com -> Point to my server IP

Then I have on the MX record this
Host: domain.com -> point to mail.domain.com -> Priority 10 -> TTL 1 Hour

On my WHM I enter to the DNS zone of the account and I delete the MX record I have for default. I also have on my DNS zone of my WHM Local Mail Exchanger

I can enter to cpanel and webmail correctly, and also I see the website hosted on WIX correctly, but the mail is not working, when I send an email from webmail, I received without problems, but all the emails I send to that domain never show up on my inbox, even if I replay a previous mail send from webmail it never reach my mailbox.

Could you help me out to figure out what is going on.

Thank you.

Regards

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! Are you able to make a connection to the incoming mail server? You could run this command from your local computer to test that connection (although you may need to install the tool if you are on Windows)

Code:
telnet domain.com 25
That would let you see if the mail port is working for incoming messages.

mpmaya

Registered
Nov 9, 2020
Mexico
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thank you for your reply, when I do Telnet to domain.com it show error domain is point to wix web site, I did Telnet to mail.domain.com it is configured as A record to point to WHM and MX record is pointing to mail.domain.com I got the attached file message.

My question also is if my MX record is properly configured on wix DNS control panel.

A little bit of more info, my VPS with WHM is provided by GoDaddy, I see on WIX DNS control panel some preconfigured MX record if I select Godaddy it show the configuration to Goddady mail service but I have VPS I select other and I point to my server. Am I right?

once again thanks for the help.

Attachments

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The command line image does seem to show the telnet test connecting to the mail service, so that is good.

I'm not entirely sure what the second image is supposed to be telling me, but if Wix is handling all your DNS data you wouldn't have anything that uses the GoDaddy nameservers.

If you'd like us to do some more in-depth testing on our end you are always welcome to open a ticket so our team can investigate the mail situation on the server.

mpmaya

Registered
Nov 9, 2020
Mexico
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Sorry I didn't change the language on wix, the second image is on the MX record if I select Godaddy those are the records Wix gave me by default, but as I have VPS I change to other, attached Is the image as I have my configuration right now, I think all my problem is with the MX record on wix and how I have to point to my WHM, It is correct just to create an A record pointing to mail.domian.com and my MX record pointing to that A record?, I do not have to create any CNAME record?.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Attachments

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for the details. You would want to create the MX record that points to mail.yourdomain.com and then an A record that points mail.yourdomain.com to your mail server's IP address. That is all that is required on the DNS side of things to get email pointed to the right location.

mpmaya

Registered
Nov 9, 2020
Mexico
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thank you for your help it work, just with the MX record and A record, I think the problem was the propagation, Now everything is working just fine.
Regards