The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Configure email hosting/Domain Hosting

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by amusic, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amusic

amusic Member

Hello everyone,

I am new to cpanel, i have recently got a dedicated centos server with cpanel/whm.

I have never played around with configuring email and domain name hosting and how about going to configure it on whm. I would appreciate any support i can get.

Thanks for your time and efforts.

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Create a cPanel account

To host a domain's Web site or e-mail, you will need to create an account for that domain in the WebHost Manager. I recommend reviewing the following section of our documentation:

Create a New Account

Once you have created the account, you can upload your site's content via FTP. You can also log into the cPanel for the account and create an e-mail mailbox. I recommend the following sections of our documentation for logging into cPanel and creating a mailbox:

Accessing cPanel
    cPanel Mail
    Email Accounts

Lastly, once you have created a cPanel account, uploaded your site content, and created one or more mailboxes, you will need to make sure the domain resolves to your server. If you run your own nameservers, change the authoritative nameservers for the domain at the domain registrar. If the domain's DNS is hosted elsewhere, change the DNS records in the authoritative nameservers to point to your server.

3. amusic

amusic Member

Thank you Jared, I will read all the documents and thanks a lot i appreciate the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.