The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Configure email on subdomain second server

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by richard-, Mar 25, 2011.

1. richard-

richard- Registered

Hi,

Could someone explain the setup for the below.

I have my USA website on a website.net and my secure area on a subdomain we will call it sub.website.net, the sub.website.net is on another server UK different to the website.net.

I want to setup email so that all emails come to/from the website.net, and also are sent to my secure area (piped).

Is this possible?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is there a reason the emails need to be piped? You could setup domain forwarding to forward all emails to a set account on your domain to go to the same user on the other domain, which is configurable in cPanel > Forwarders > Add Domain Forwarder area. Please note that area only takes domain names for the input not a set email account (as it forwards one domain's emails to the other).

Otherwise, you can setup individual email account forwarders in cPanel > Forwarders > Add Forwarder area and use pipes there for set email accounts.

3. pak

pak Member

If you have few email address better use individual forwarding as later you may need same domain email addresses.