The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

configure: error: Kerberos libraries not found

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by webignition, Mar 8, 2006.

1. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

WHM/cPanel: WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.1-C112

I'm trying to manually install php5 cgi alongside php4 cgi on a fresh new machine. Not much apart from the OS and cPanel has been installed.

During the configure stage I encounter a slightly odd kerberos-related error, as per the subject of this thread. More specifically, the entire error goes along the lines of:

Code:
    configure: error: Kerberos libraries not found.

Check the path given to --with-kerberos (if no path is given, searches in /usr/kerberos, /usr/local and /usr )
    The configure line has --with-kerberos present, with no path specified. As per the error, I took a peek at /usr/kerberos and it appears to have plenty within, although I'm not exactly sure what should be there or what might be missing.

I also tried modifiying the configure command to include --with-kerberos=/usr/kerberos and that made no difference.

Any suggestions?

2. webignition

I've since become aware of the fact that the kerberos libraries should be in /usr/kerberos/lib and it looks like this is missing for me - /usr/kerberos is present, but the /lib isn't.

I'll have a peek around and see what else I can find out.

3. webignition

Looks like the kerberos libraries were hanging out in /usr/lib64.

Creating symlinks from /usr/kerberos/lib/ to the relevant libraries sorted things out. The relevant libraries, in case this proves useful to someone else, were /usr/lib64/libkrb5.a and /usr/lib64/libkrb5.so.

#3 webignition, Mar 8, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2006