Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Configure EXIM to handle all forwards locally

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by PeteS, Mar 22, 2018.

1. PeteS

PeteS Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To use AWS SES as SMTP for all non-local mail I have this configured in the PREROUTERS section of the EXIM config file:

send_via_ses:
    driver = manualroute
    domains = ! +local_domains
    transport = ses_smtp
    route_list = * email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com;

I would like to also restrict it from sending forwards set up in accounts on the server to SES. So in the same way that domains = ! +local_domains prevents local mail from routing to SES, I need a conditional statement that would also prevent all forwards from being sent through SES. But I can't find an answer anywhere-probably because I don't know what I'm looking for.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Pete,

The Exim user's mailing list is often a good resource for these types of custom Exim configuration settings:

Exim-users Info Page

Also, while not exactly related to what you want to setup, there are some useful overall examples of smarthost configurations you may find helpful at:

Forward certain domain emails to Smart Host

Thank you.

3. PeteS

PeteS Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks. I have a thread at the EXIM mailing list as well, but so far no response the concept of blocking forwards from a smarthost router.

Hoping for something here - I can't imagine I'm the first to want to handle forwards separately. (I'll post a solution here if I find one elsewhere.)