cPanel & WHM Version

tutur

Jan 19, 2021
France
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello.
I'm new here.
I need to configure an smtp server using wmh. Is there any step by step documentation around? If too complicated for me do you know if wmh offers paid support to do this for me?
Thanks
arthur

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! If your server has cPanel installed, all the functions necessary for STMP are included out of the box. All WHM installations would have this by default.

Are you seeing an issue with the mail server on your machine at this time?

tutur

Jan 19, 2021
France
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi.
Thanks for your reply. I didn't know it was all included.

So I created an email address from the cpanel (not the whm). It seems all fine with DKIM, SPF, PTR. I can send and receive email from the cpanel webmail but when I try to use this email address in my prestashop it sends no email. Also when I try to send an email to this email address from my Mac I get this error :

550 5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or unnecessary spaces. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser o5sor748653wru.14 - gsmtp

Here are my mx records

Any idea?

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for the additional details. Currently I see that email for your domain is being routed to Google, so the MX record on that screen is not being used, and also explains why you get a Gmail bounceback. This means that no email is reaching your server.

You may want to check with Cloudflare about this issue as the warning symbol in your screenshot could indicate another issue with the MX records.