The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Configuring cPanel and WHM for a Server behind a router

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rodgan, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Rodgan

Rodgan Registered

I have a Server using cPanel and WHM. This server is located behind a router (modem) which I am using to connect my local network to the internet. The router has a public static IP and can be contacted through Internet, but the server has a local network IP such as 192.168.xxx.xxx

My question is, can I set this server to host websites without using public IP as shared IP ? Or do I need to configure the server to connect to the Internet directly ?

Note : I have managed my cPanel lisence using my router's public IP.

2. SB-Nick

SB-Nick Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey,

cPanel does not really support NAT so If you would like to follow cPanel instructions correctly and be able to receive their support in the future you should run the server without a NAT solution.

However,

Regarding to your question, yes, you can setup your cPanel accounts using the private IP as the shared IP and NAT through the router so you could translate the private IP to your public IP.

3. Rodgan

Rodgan Registered

Thanks for the reply. Somehow, I found a way to configure cpanel behind NAT using some guides provided by other forum's users :)