Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Configuring Email for CMS Issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Rateesh Nair, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Rateesh Nair

Rateesh Nair Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello, I am an owner of the website, and I wish to configure the mail accounts made on c panel with website's inquiry forms, registration forms etc. I have made the website using Joomla template. I did try to link up the mail account with forms, but its still not working. I am kinda confused now with how to proceed further.. please help.

Attached Files:

2. Eminds

Eminds Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Eminds, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2018
  3. Jarvis421

Jarvis421 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Rateesh,

If you have root access to the server, you can check the email logs (/var/log/maillog and /var/log/exim_mainlog) related to the specific email account.
    Also from Joomla admin area -> System -> Global Configuration -> Server >> Mail Settings , you can configure the email account to send mail from Joomla.

4. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It is possible that your web host has disabled phpmail (it is often used to send spam)

Use the SMTP option, and configure it with an email address that actually exists on the same account, and the address password etc and you should be good to go :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    cPanelLauren likes this.
  5. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I agree with @rpvw here it may be that the provider has disabled that function. I also believe it may be best if you contact your provider for support with this as they'll know their recommended setup procedures for their hosting services.

Thanks!