Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Configuring Imagemagick with lcms2

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by alanski, Sep 27, 2018.

1. alanski

alanski Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    CENTOS 7.5 <EXTERNAL LINK REMOVED>, Easy Apache 4 php 7.1

I have Imagemagick running fine. However it is missing the lcms2 library that lets it utilise icc color profiles.

The default rpm does not seem to include it. I have installed lcms via rpm install and attempted imagemagick reinstall hoping magically it would get processed or built with the library if available. No luck

How can I add lcms delegate/library to my current imagemagick install?

#1 alanski, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2018
  2. alanski

alanski Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    SOLVED: I just downloaded ImageMagick 7 rpms via cmd line wget, installed with yum, and then reinstalled the PECL Imagemagick extension wrapper and restarted php-fpm. PDF to jpg with php now works with 99% color accuracy.

3. Reado

Reado Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Just so you know the version of ImageMagick available via the standard repos is still an outdated version, or at least it was for me on CentOS 7 the last time I checked. However you can obtain the latest version via YUM by using the Remi Repository. The repository is usually updated within a few days after a new release of ImageMagick.

More information available here: English : Repository Configuration - Remi's RPM repository - Blog